Sunday, January 3, 2010

Explained Laziness

Sorry posting hasn't happened in a while--in amidst the new job and holidays (went to visit the fam in Sheffield--yay!) and trying to develop some sort of normal routine (which does not seem to be happening--and let's just now say that yoga and the gym has gone the way of the sunshine in Aberdeen--probably never to be seen again...), I have not been able to adequately write something of worth in awhile (excuses, excuses). However, going along with the 'new year, new start' mantra (the lingo from the book publishing industry...and I guess the rest of the world) I have decided to renew my blog vigour (that sounds slightly dirty, though I don't know how) and make this part of my normal routine, just so I don't go absolutely mad and can actually talk about the weirdness that is Scottish life. And the loveliness of it all.

Yes, I think I am finally starting to get my groove back since moving to this deep-fried and battered gem of a country and I am starting to love things here more and more. It helps that I now have a job and am surrounded by Scottish locals, got a flat with 2 wonderful flatmates, have started to make my own friends (huzzah! will blog more about the difficulties and insanities of this specific issue later...) and have started dating someone here. Though more English than Scottish really he does help translate the oddities and eccentricities of the Scottish ways. Plus he has a car. Handy, that. And yes, he does read this...

Anyway, so to sum up--expect more to come. New year-new start and all that tosh. Oh god, I am now saying words like 'tosh'....

No comments:

Post a Comment